Sunday, December 13, 2009

my faith on God...

I am always questioned about my faith on religion and on God whenever i refuse to accompany someone to go temple or refuse to take "prashad" or bow down before a carved stone.People so readily assume me to non believer but again get surprised with my occasional fasting or lighting diya or agarbatti.I have always been condemned for not keeping my pic of God in my room.Even my boyfriend wants to turn me into temple visiting believer.And i too tried to oblige to a certain extent.I confess that not too long ago i started the practise of visiting Shani temple each saturday and doing some rituals.It did felt better somehow but not the connection i wanted.The shop outside gave 100 ml mustard oil for Rs20 and cringed when i'd save up it for next time.He made faces when i asked for diya next time without purchasing anything.He even tried to sell my friend a small basket with flowers for Rs 50.Downright loot i say.Even inside the panditji clicked me and my pretty friends pics when we had pooja.He evn triend to touch us right inside the temple in front of "God".How come staying in front of God for soo many hour's,offering God things,lighting diya reciting prayers didn't changed his mind?
 Well my quiting reasons were not these.It's just my reasonable mind refuse to believe that God the supreme power could reside in small idols or photos.That the one who gave us everything to eat could be greedy for "Bhogs",The one who provided us everything right from clothes to house actually needed a space of his own to reside?The one who gave us prosperity could give us our wishes for greed of "chadawa".The maker of each small things likes somethings and dislike others.Why would he just create them then.Then they are soo many God s that i got really confused which on to follow.
  What i really think that all these God's were created like stories like mythology with lots of teachings,lessons for life and of course loads of creativity.And pandits at that time saw opportunity in each figure by turning it in worshippable , idolable and offerable gods.How else they ve kept their bellies well fed.I don't blame everyone there are few keeper of true knowledge but their voice grew weaker in lights of money.
  Well if i don't visit temples doesn't means that i don't believe in God.I have my faith on God who's the supreme power.Who makes this world goes around and my world too.I wake up everyday and say thanks to Him for giving me this lovely day.I consider him as a source of positive energy.I can't ask him anything cause he already knows what i want and what i deserve.If he gives me happiness i say thanks and if he gives me suffering he'll also give me power to bear up and i'll learn to live with them.
 Most of i feel is that people worship the idols we humans made to such an extent but not the idols which God made, humans and mistreat them to frequently.Service to humankind is the best form of appreciating His presence.




P.S.-Well from now please no questions about my faith..

2 comments:

  1. believing in god doesn't matter anything..only u hav to feel power of HIS existence...mandir masjid ,gurudwra..etc all these place r only for getting peace...people get concentration...they pray bcoz they want happiness...people believe in idols bcoz...they r source to believe in god..they cosider that idols may be the best way to rememer god.agarbattis r only for fragrance atmosphere...and bending is to give respect ur god...u hav described very well uur points for believing or not believing in god.....*****

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks..I share same point of worshipping God instead of getting struck in rituals which were made by us to get into the flow.
    I heartily wish you weren't anonymous...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...I d like to know your thoughts..