Friday, December 11, 2009

My 2nd experience with diffferently abled person..

  I live in noida with my family living in greater noida.So i usually spend my weekends at home commuting by special yellow buses.These buses are specially for noida-greater noida route and very well maintained.They have 3 rows of two seater each reserved for women.Call it fair or unfair but i ve hardly seen any girl not utilizing this special right.Some of them even misbehave with men occupants to get their seat.
  So i boarded this yellow bus at sec37 to sector 62.It is almost 20 min ride.I as usual took the women seat and a guy was sitting next to me.Then i noticed this pretty girl of 20 to 25 years who was standing in quite crowded bus.Usually if i see any uneducated girl or newer one standing i guide her women's seat.But this girl was well dressed,calm and looked educated.It was hardly believable that she can't read or was unaware of this privilege bestowed on our sex.She wasn't looking for directions and wasn't anxious with each bus stopped.So i preassumed that she is not new.All the time i was i fix that should i ask the guy sitting next to me to get up and call her.She was so innocent looking and almost had an angel face.
  Soon i got my answer when she turned her handbag to my side.It was scibbled on it"Deaf mute volleyball association".I was so shocked.Before she got down i consulted with a guy travelling next to her in sign language.It was too late.My heart was filled with guilt.
 I still blame myself for not offering her seat and this is not out of pity.I would have taken pleasure in sharing some of her inability.I am still not able to guess what would have happened then She would have declined or accepted and then told me about herself.This would have been more uncomfortable for her i suppose.So she decided to keep herself aloof from all this and uncomplainingly stand with the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. it's very nice to see u like that....u thougt bout that girl and wrote something..people really get message.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment...I d like to know your thoughts..